1. Income Verification
- If your income is salary or full time hourly we will need:
- A recent pay stub showing the pay date, pay amount, your name and the employer’s name
- A job letter. Job letters should be on company letterhead and show your start date, position, guaranteed salary or hourly rate and hours, and a human resources contact with phone number.
- If any of your income comes from a bonus, commissions, overtime, a contract, gratuities or investments, provide the most recent two year’s Notice of Assessments (NOAs) from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) along with copies of the T4's.
- If you are self-employed, provide:
- The most recent two year’s NOAs along with the full T1 Generals ( income tax returns) including all schedules
- Your business license, articles of incorporation, or GST registration number
- If you earn rental income, provide a copy of each lease, as well as either:
- A Canada Revenue Agency T776 Statement of Real Estate Rentals along with two year’s T1 generals (personal tax returns), and the two year’s Notices of Assessment ( NOAs)
- If you earn Alimony/Child Support, we will need the separation agreement/court order and recent bank statements confirming receipt of support.
- If on maternity/paternity leave, ensure your job letter shows the return date and salary/income upon return.
2. MLS Listing and Offer to Purchase (if applicable)
Your realtor will typically send this to us, so please advise them to send along your accepted offer once fully signed.
3. Current Mortgage Statement
If you currently own a home or mulitple properties, a recent mortgage statement showing your name and property address is required for each property owned.
4. Recent Property Tax Bill (for any currently owned properties not being sold)
The lender will require this to confirm the annual property taxes and that the taxes are paid up to date.
5. Current Home Insurance Policy/Fire Insurance
(For renewal applications)